Creative Adventurers

This site is a composite of the written word to provoke emoitions and thought in a unique way.

3.20.2010

CORPORATE SLAVE

Those good days were deleted
As I push through the files
My energy now depleted
Can't keep up with fake smiles


Its corporate america where I
Feed my soul through the check in
When I check out a piece of me dies
Then I start over again


I sit beneth the ultra bright
Glare of the choice I made
Baking in corporate light
As the artist in me begins to fade


Color of grey
Surrounds my peripheral vision
Every working day
They remind us of the corporate mission


Who was I
Where was I headed
Piece by piece I die
Alittle more as I'm shredded


Away from who I use to be
I was of brilliant color
I shined so bright for all to see
No my shade grows duller


I walk and move freely
Yet I feel the corporate weight
Always with me
Tearing away at my true fate


Prisoner by the economy
To make ends meat
There is so much more to me
Working here leaves me incomplete


I deisire to tackle
My own mission to complete
To break these corporate shackles
And no longer take a backseat


Naej Adnil © 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment